NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jose Auger

Hi to all. I have just signed in as a new member of the SL. I live in Puerto Rico (USA). I am a professor of graduate economics and corporate planning at the Graduate School of Planning of the University of Puerto Rico. Although I have knowledge of telescopes, they were for observation uses only. I have placed an order for a Skywatcher Esprit 120mm and an 80mm. In addition I have placed an order for a Celestron CGE Pro mount and a SBIG STT-8300M with filter wheel, and a SBIG STi Autoguiding kit. I have joined the local astrophotography club, and are just waiting for the equipment to arrive to start learning the art of astrophotography and take some pictures.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL, another imager joins the fold!!! Sounds like you have some fab kit there - No presure!!! Glad you found us, there's some real knowledgeable folks on here if you have any issues.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have been busy ordering kit and I very much look forward to viewing some of your images when you manage to put your equipment through its paces.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum

James

Hola Jose, and a warm welcome to the SGL Forums

Good luck with the Equipment when it arrives, you have some good stuff there.

You will need some software too perhaps? 

There is a few to choose from to aid Guiding, Camera control, and Processing.

Help is readily available from the members of SGL. Just ask away if you need to.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Hi Jose and a warm welcome to SGL. Sounds like you have some serious kit on order and I wish you well in your AP.

I was in Puerto Rico some years ago and crossed the Arecibo Dish off my bucket list. It is a very impressive sight and was well worth the trip.  :smiley:

Hi to all.

Thanks for the warm welcome. The telescopes are on their way. The mount is still on order as well as the camera and guider. I expect that all should be in by the first week of February. To be honest, I am a little nervous as the learning curve is steep at the start. But I am willing to learn and make mistakes (who has never made one). So, with all probability the first images are going to be duds and terrible. But I hope to be able to post some decent ones in the following months.

We have some superb Astro Photographers on SGL Jose, most of them

began by producing  unrecognisable  splodgy blobs, but  perseverence  patience,

and understanding paved the way to success. You'll get there.

Ron.

Archived