Hello from the rainy isle

Taijigazer

Hi,

Firstly, very happy to be part of such a rich community. My partner and I wanted to buy our little girl an astronomy telescope for Christmas as she had taken an interest in the stars and our solar system. We saw a few 'telescopes' in store catalogues but fortunately I stumbled across this site and others while researching before we jumped in (having no prior experience in star gazing). The wealth of practical information on this website was invaluable and I quickly realised the folly of buying cheap store scopes. We settled on the Heritage 130 which came highly recommended by other users on this site and it was worth every penny (the little Christmas present for our daughter quickly turned into a family investment, lol). The quality of the observations has been very rewarding having already viewed mercury and the moon. Now just need it to stop raining  :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

once the frosty weather starts we will get much better conditions

for observing, but be sure to wrap up warm, frosty here this morning

viewing was quite good.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, so glad to be part of a rich and varied community. Well another night in listening to rain storms, I did go and download Stellarium though. Wow, what a powerful program, especially one that is freeware. A very handy tool to have, I now have some objectives, just need a bit of clear sky  :smiley:

Archived