NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What improvements would you like to see on a Refractor

SniffTheGlove

Just reading the latest Sky at Night mag and I realised for imaging scopes certain improvements would be needed and wondered why no ED scope manufactures builds their addons directly into the scopes.

Example: How could Skywatcher improve the EvoStar 80ED?

For me I would like to see...

1)    The inclusion of an inbuilt ASCOM USB motorised focuser.

2)    2 mounting slots for a finderscope (1 each side). Why? you may have a preference to it's location  or you could have a finder scope one side and a QHY5 FinderGuider the other side.

How would you improve the 80ED?

Yes, I'd go with a second mounting slot so you can use a RDF and RACI without fiddling around.....my focuser is good enough already though, so I wouldn't personally want any unnecessary extra weight hung aboard if I really didn't need it..!

A bit of extra aperture for the same price - now that would be an improvement (5" for the price of 3" for example!

Chris

A frame work built around the OTA similar to 1950s dental aparatus (or a rocket launch tower) to make it look all spacey and technical, possibly made from Meccano.  Obviously this is so that you can attach a cup holder for those long nights sat outside waiting for your polaroids to develop because it's so cold.

Obviously this is so that you can attach a cup holder for those long nights sat outside waiting for your polaroids to develop because it's so cold.

You mean that hole in the lens cap isn't a cup-holder?

James

Archived