NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Noob from the UK (Kent)

lookupnow

Hello!!

Stumbled across this site after a recommendation from another site.

I've been a long time space fan! Watch all the documentaries :)

Decided to get involved and look up myself :)

I have just ordered some 10x50 binos

Also the Philips Stargazing with Binoculars.

Hoping they get delivered too me soon! (blumming Xmas :p)

Anyway HI :)

Welcome to SGL - Glad that you came to visit us! You know that you are hooked now and will be here forever ...... it will take over your life!!!

For visual, there's a good book 'Turn Left at Orion' that you may want to look at sometime, and also loads of info in the binoculars section.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Agree with Ron regarding the website 'binocular sky' which has some great ideas on mounting binos and provides a good monthly target list to get you out and observing. If you haven't done so already you might want to consider downloading Stellarium which is a great piece of free planetarium software that will help you learn the night sky along with helping find some of those great objects that are up in the night sky. In addition to the book you have on order, you might like to consider purchasing "Turn Left at Orion" which lists around 100 objects to view and further splits them into the four seasons of the year. Some great information to read about each object along with some visual and written instructions on how to locate these objects. The book is very popular among those starting out because the list has been specially compiled to list objects that can be viewed with modest equipment including binoculars. Take a look here to preview inside the book to get some idea of the general layout. Hope that helps.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived