Hello from Bolton

Quillz

Hello everybody,

I've just bought an 8' Newtonian on a Dobsonian mount. I spent a few months reading reviews and articles before making my choice. These forums were invaluable - I found all my questions had already been asked before and the answers always very helpful. As a result I haven't made a single post until now!

Anyway, I'm very happy with my dob and on my one clear, moonless night since it arrived have seen Orion's nebula, Andromeda galaxy, Jupiter and three moons, the Pleiades, and a couple of double stars -

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody,

I've just bought an 8' Newtonian on a Dobsonian mount. I spent a few months reading reviews and articles before making my choice. These forums were invaluable - I found all my questions had already been asked before and the answers always very helpful. As a result I haven't made a single post until now!

Anyway, I'm very happy with my dob and on my one clear, moonless night since it arrived have seen Orion's nebula, Andromeda galaxy, Jupiter and three moons, the Pleiades, and a couple of double stars one in Gemini and other in Orion.

I still have plenty to learn and look forward to my time here on these forums.

Cheers,

Charlie

Welcome to SGL Charlie. Glad that you found us, but more importantly it's great that you've found the answers to all your questions already! This place really is great, I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hello and welcome to SGL  :smiley:

Great choice of telescope! The 8" dob has a lot of fans for a reason.

I agree with your point about not needing to post questions - there is so much great advice here that you can usually find the information you need without having to ask. That said, if you can't find what you are after, nobody minds you asking a question that has been asked many times before!

If you ever venture to the other end of Belmont road, come and join us for a night with the central lancs group, we now have a dedicated web page getting populated and Facebook and twitter pages for arranging ad hoc meets etc in case the drizzle is missing us!

Good luck and happy hunting

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

the 200p is very popular here in S G L, a good choice,

the Dob mount is also very popular too, you will have lot's

of enjoyment from your kit, let's hope for better weather.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived