Hi

Trebornoxid

Hi

I’m a new member although I have in the past used binoculars to look at the stars; I have just brought a used Skywatcher 200 on a goto heq5.

I’m looking forward to clear skies and a chance to view the planets and maybe even do some photography.

I live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and would welcome advice on any local dark sky areas locally.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob, a warm welcome to SGL.  Your local Society is Cotswold Astronomical Society and they have a couple of public stargazing events organised for the 5th & 6th January, one at Shurdington and one in the middle of Cheltenham, website here: http://cotswoldas.org.uk/cas/

Thank you I went to their meeting last week on the 5th it was very interesting and I plan to join next month this is why I went ahead and brought a telescope. Rob

Welcome to SGL Rob - Glad that you found us. There's loads of information on the forum to get your teeth into. If you get into AP, that's a different ball game!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Thanks for that am planning a trip to Almeria in August.

Went there in 2011 and was stunned by the night sky.

Possibly going to buy a Celestron  c90 which I can use with my tripod and camera.

Rob

Archived