Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just joined....

dkbender

Thanks for allowing me to join the community here!   I'm here to learn and share. 

I started with astronomy in my teens, went to university, started a family and didn't get back to stargazing until this year.   I have two refractors(100mm & 152mm)  and a Dob (300mm) now and enjoy getting out when I can.

I'm located in the Midwest USA and yes, light pollution is a problem for me finding good viewing sites within a convenient distance.

Best!

Dave

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave welcome to the lounge,

you have some nice kit to enjoy yourself with, L P is always

a problem for me too, but when the seeing is good it makes up

for the bad days.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks again everyone!

I'm in Northern Illinois, just close enough to Chicago, to be under the influence of it's light dome to my east.    I've been out several times this past fall, during some good seeing nights, and agree that it does make up for the LP but I really want to try my scopes under better dark skies and great seeing conditions to see what can be teased out.   I've been to enough places in my past to know the difference, like Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Colorado and seeing the Milky Way in all it's glory.   Would love to have my kit setup under those conditions and see what is possible.

Sorry, forgot to comment on Baseball.... when I was growing up outside of Philly, I was a huge Phillies fan.   Then my dad moved us to outside Chicago and so, I adopted the Cubs.   You know the misery I've been through.   Enough said!   ;-)

Sorry, forgot to comment on Baseball.... when I was growing up outside of Philly, I was a huge Phillies fan.   Then my dad moved us to outside Chicago and so, I adopted the Cubs.   You know the misery I've been through.   Enough said!   ;-)

You couldn't root for the White Sox? :grin:

Dana

Archived