Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which is the best gadget or accessory - just in time for christmas

pompeydano

Just a general light hearted question before santa's list needs drawing up...

What's the best accessory or gadget you've purchased for your telescope set-up and why?

I think mine comes down to;

a rigel / telrad type finder  or  an autofocuser

any other suggestions?

Dan

Best bit of kit i've found the most useful especially at this time of year were my gloves

inspired by the AC3 game made by insertcoin they are wool gloves that leaves the tips of your forefinger & thumb exposed but all the others are covered so you can easily fiddle with focussers, adjusters and other fittings while keep your hands & fingers warm

they were the 'frontier gloves' but they dont sell them anymore :( :(    I cant think they paid for a one-off design & manufacture run though, so you must be able to get the same style without the assassins creed logo on the back.  Can we persuade FLO to look into it? 

@Jarrod - you can get one from these guys who ship all over the continent. I've never used them myself but friends who have used them say the service is good and they have a good reputation:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p308_Telrad-Sucher---die-Alternative-zum-optischen-Sucher---mit-Halte.html Hth :)

Archived