Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear friday at last!

estwing

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had a good night of sorts first I left the scope for 30mins at 8pm came back and the inside of the para core had dew in it! The top of the 21E kept fogging up every time in stuck my eye near it ...moon came up so sorta killed my attempt at giving M1 a real good go as I've yet to see this with the Moonshane so moved up to Jupiter and watched Io leaving the planet like you say always something goin on here! But by now the dew was covering the secondary so it's going to be a camping mat first and will have to see how that goes but still great to be out !

Well, what can I say, it cleared again about 2300hrs. Had some of the best seeing in a long time, spent about an hour observing Jupiter, absolutely gorgeous. Then took some images using SPC900 & DMK31. The seeing really was exceptional, just a pity I did not manage to capitalise on it with my poor focusing. Just processing at the minute, so hopefully have something to post later.

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

Well, I have abandoned the evening as the cloud has piled in despite the "clear sky until morning" forecast.  Looks like it might be ok tomorrow too though.  We shall see.

James

Same here, clear skies forecast all night, but cloud came in around 90% cover at 1.30am. Could do with catching up on sleep, Sunday night looks promising though :)

Yes, sleep is an issue at the moment. I was already very tired last night and then stayed out until 3am, no chance of a lie in, kids woke me at 0800hrs :-(

Some of my data seems to be ok, just the post processing letting me down

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

Well I had a good night of sorts first I left the scope for 30mins at 8pm came back and the inside of the para core had dew in it! The top of the 21E kept fogging up every time in stuck my eye near it ...moon came up so sorta killed my attempt at giving M1 a real good go as I've yet to see this with the Moonshane so moved up to Jupiter and watched Io leaving the planet like you say always something goin on here! But by now the dew was covering the secondary so it's going to be a camping mat first and will have to see how that goes but still great to be out !

Will one camping mat get around that canon of yours?

I'll be needing at least an A4 sheet of foam for the little fella ;

Packed up around 01:45 when the clouds started appearing. Managed to test the PD video camera on Jupiter and pleased with the results :smiley: although C11 was trying to fog even with the dew heater maxed out.

Screen grab from the video camera with Io appearing.

attachment=108452:jup22.11.13.r..jpg]

post-30467-0-33589400-1385218650.jpg  

Very odd night. All set up aligned at 5pm, just waited until the hooligan neighbours had finished burning everything in sight !

At one point the scope was covered in ice, then it warmed up with a breeze and melted, then froze again.

Didn't realise how cold it was until packing up and found what was left of my tea frozen in the cup, hurrah !

Jupiter was glorious with the Moon eventually settling down. Had plenty doubles in Camelopardalis, Eridanus and Lynx.

Nick.

Archived