randers51

Hi to all lounge members. I just joined today. Purchased my first decent telescope a week ago. I got the Celestron 6SE. Also picked up the Celestron 17A Power Tank and a 9mm Orion eyepiece. I built a 6" reflector telescope during a class sponsored by the Denver Museum about 17 years ago. I felt now was a good time to get a better telescope with a computer to help in finding objects to observe. Trying to get into astrophotography too. Looking for some good sources to understand the Right Ascension and Declination system of coordinates as this still puzzles me. 

Welcome to SGL, you've certainly come to the right place for all things astro.

If you are interested in AP, try to get a copy of the book 'making every photon count' which is available in the book section of the FLO website. It's an imagers bible and will really help.

Also, take a look on the imaging forum, people usually put their acquisition details, subs equipment etc, so you can get an idea of what works well.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived