new to astronomy

jlh76

i'm new to astronomy and have noidea how to use my 4.5inch reflec tele i have been interested  in our universe all my life and now want tomake a hobbie of it so any advise on how to set up my tele and how to find the planets and other heavily  bodily  items would be welcome

Welcome to SGL - Sounds like a good trawl through the beginners section would give you some answers, as well as a little more information about your scope and mount. The book 'Turn Left at Orion' is a good one for those starting out and wanting to explore the heavens. Gives you directions so to speak and also gives you a good idea of the sort of view you are likely to see. You could also have a shifty around the sketching section, as there's good example there of what and how you will see things.

Nothing is ever like you see it in images - Us imagers have a lot to answer for :smiley:

Welcome jlh. You'll find everything you need to know here, just ask. It's well worth learning your way around the night sky, just with naked eye or binoculars, it will make things so much easier when you really get going. A really useful resource is the free download Stellarium.www. Stellarium.org

Good luck and clear skies:)

Jason

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Archived