Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from London

Boomdialogue

Hi there

I'm a complete newbie to skywatching. Just been bought a Skywatcher 130P Autotrack for a birthday present and, even though London's not the best place to sky watch, I'm looking forward to getting some experience, finding my way around the night sky.

Now I have set up the telescope I have lots of (very obvious no doubt) questions that I hope the community can help with!

Astronomy seems to be a fairly difficult hobby to get into so really happy I've found this forum!

G'day Boom, welcome here!

Yes, Astronomy seems complicated and confusing at first.

But believe me, it gets worse  :grin:

Nah, it's like any new hobby. Learn the basic lingo, a few tips and tricks and you are zooming around the sky enjoying the views.

Yes, London would be very Light Polluted, but not impossible. Others do OK from there.

So, welcome and Enjoy  :smiley:

Hi Boomdialogue and welcome to SGL, If you run into trouble and would like one to one help, you have the Baker Street Astronomers, who meet in Regents Park on a regular basis. Enjoy your new scope :)

Thanks! Is there a website for the Baker St Astronomers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived