Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 9 - Bookings

daz

Well due to unforeseen events we now are not going to make SGL9, really sad as this will be the 1st one we have missed in 4 years. We therefore are looking to sell our pitch on for what it cost us, nights are Wednesday - Monday (leave Monday daytime) included are 2 x Hogroasts, Pitch is a Hard standing complete with electric, pm me if interested please.

Oh no that's a shame you can't make it this year :sad:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a valid point to this though as a week earlier would have given much darker skies and i agree with kerry that this would have been better.

moonset times are 0:17 on thurs night, 1:13 fri night, 2:01 sat night.

Im not after a refund either and im looking forward to it, but being a purely visual observer and a fan af faint fuzzies, a moonless high contrast sky would have been my preference too.

cheers

it may have something to do with the event/s on the weekend before......  mothers day?  i suppose some folks would have trouble with being away on that date :)

it may have something to do with the event/s on the weekend before......  mothers day?  i suppose some folks would have trouble with being away on that date :)

Yes, Mothering Sunday is the weekend before. 

Woo-hoo!

Daz gave me my dream ticket off the wait list this morning so this will be my first Star Party - I'm looking forward to meeting people from SGL and getting some advice on what I should be doing :grin:

I love all the debate about the Moon potentially spoiling the party. Isn't that the job of the clouds, wind and driving rain? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you can arrive any time, just remember you MUST report in to reception first. I try to get there mid morning, it gives people time to wake up. :grin:

Cheers Freff think I might try and get there between 11&12 and miss the mid morning traffic

looking forward to seeing you all there. suppose I'd better dig out my camping kit this weekend! let's hope we get decent weather - we've earned it.

Exactly what I will be doing this weekend just hope I don't forget anything! And fingers crossed for clear skies :-)

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

I shall be using my 2nd hand campervan for the first time.  Not very au fait with electrical and technical stuff my head had been spinning with trying to work out how some of the integrated stuff works and how to swap over from 12V to hook up.  In particular getting the fridge to work, seems it needs gas to ignite it and it can work off mains or 12V or gas apparently !?!?!?!  

I am bringing my camping fridge with me as well as a back up, but if any kind person/s with a bit more technical know how would be kind enough to come and give me a hand to work out the fridge I would be eternally grateful.  I am not even going to look into using the water tank yet, I want to learn one thing at a time, I can cope with a water bottle for the time being.

Better get myself a stock of Jaffa cakes.  :grin:  :grin:

I'm on pitch 29.

Thanks

Carole 

No problem Carole I can lend a hand. The fridge should work straight from the mains without gas. Just switch over to mains on the fridge.

You can buy an adapter to go on the end of you hook up cable to enable you to plug your caravan in at home and test everything before you leave.

I shall be there from Wednesday.

Thanks Tony, I do actually have an adapter for plugging into the mains, but as I have to park the van in the street, I don't like to trail the cable accross the pavement to the house. 

It would be great if it just works straight off hook up and not have to faff around igniting it as per instructions.  I will be getting there on Tuesday, so I'll see whether it works straight off the mains, but would appreciate you popping in when you arrive to check if it worked. 

Sometimes I think these manuals make things too complicated and go into the various options before giving the basics.

See you all there.

Carole

Just been looking at the weather forecast, it's pretty depressing on the site I use yr.no and a few others I have looked at.

What sites do others use?  

I don't mind some wasted days, but at the moment it is looking like no clear nights for the duration.

Carole 

Archived