SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 9 - Bookings

daz

Last year was a bit wet and wild.. well wet when it wasn't -19 wind chill at night.. Supposedly the rains are meant to calm down mid-march.

I need to ensure the tent is waterproofed. With a tough ground sheet under the tent's inbuilt one (the edges remain under the tent sides).. it's been very good so far. However after last year's seam-stressing winds… I'll need to ensure it's all ok again.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two quick questions: I don't see my username on the pitches PDF but I do see 'Matthew'. I take it that's me? Second, if that is me, I've been allocated a hard standing. Can you still pitch a tent there? As in, is the entire pitch a hard standing or just a bit of it?

Two quick questions: I don't see my username on the pitches PDF but I do see 'Matthew'. I take it that's me? Second, if that is me, I've been allocated a hard standing. Can you still pitch a tent there? As in, is the entire pitch a hard standing or just a bit of it?

That will be the Moderator named Matthew. Your booking will be in your username.

It's in patch #37 looking at the allocations.

Hi,

Talking of wet ground, last year I used Jaffa cakes as stepping stones to reach the tarmac, the ground was hard with the frost, so the water just stayed on top.

The weather will be brilliant at the start of April.

If not, the pub will be a good igloo to be in.

Cheers

Adrian

I'm considering taking a road bike to SGL if anyone else is up for a tour of the area?

If I can figure out a way of bringing mine I may bring it. I'll try to figure out a way closer to the event.

Is it possible to bring a second car? I have an extra friend visiting on the first day.

It's usually OK Dave; depends what time they are arriving and leaving.

Certainly worth making sure they are very aware of the information here; http://stargazerslounge.com/page/sgl9.html

I've witnessed the odd visitor turn up after dark and drive straight down to the rally field on full beam - not sure I want to clear the blood up again   :)

Best option if arriving or leaving after dark, is to leave the car at the camp site's reception area and walk down.

On my very first SGL (visitor) I left after midnight and had to drive out through a line of red lights held by the members to guide me out..........scary. :eek:

I don't suppose there are any other club jugglers going are there? Thinking it may be nice to chuck some clubs during the day :D

Kev,

I hope you're not thinking of throwing them at anyone in particular............. :grin: :grin: :evil: :evil: .

See you there,

Alan

Kev,

I hope you're not thinking of throwing them at anyone in particular............. :grin: :grin: :evil: :evil: .

See you there,

Alan

Only people who bring themselves to my attention in advance :D *makes note on list of targets*

Of course if Linda brings astro cakes again you'll be safe by association :)

Are you planning on setting up your regal tent in prime moat territory again?

Are you planning on setting up your regal tent in prime moat territory again?

We'll be in Kingfisher, close to the loos this time. Makes it easier when you have to get up in the middle of the night :grin: :grin: . We may decide to make a royal visit round to your neck of the woods though........ :evil: :evil:

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived