Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 9 - Bookings

daz

Getting excited now... will be great to catch up with some of the lovely people I met last year! 

I want to invest in a 'proper' camping bed though... my inflatable actually coped during the whole (freezing) week last year, but then failed me on the first night of the next star party I went to... bought a new one, which was fine for the rest of that star party, then that one went during the Peak Star Party.... So far spent over £100 on air mattresses... Don't want to buy another! 

Does anyone have any recommendation for a good camping bed... I have a bad back and a chronic pain condition so comfort is key! 

Hi Rae how are you keeping. Just like you I have spent a fortune on airbeds never finding something to suit my situation. I was passing a fishing tackle shop one day and popped in for browse. On offer was one of  these. The original price for these things are scary, but I bought, on offer, the Wide Boy one for £130. A great investment.

As you know I suffer with back problems and I'm no lightweight, but this thing is the best I have ever slept on. It is fully adjustable, and rock solid. It keeps you well off the floor and is quite light for the size I bought and folds away neatly.

Take a look in most fishing tackle shops for the Nash range, or Go Outdoors for these type of beds. I would highly recommend the Nash ones. These have been designed for anglers who spend sometimes weeks fishing on these thing. Shop about for good deals, there's plenty about. Good luck.

See you at Kingfisher. :smiley:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!!

Knew I could rely on fellow SGLers to give some good advice in this area!  Checked out both of the beds suggested, the only thing I'm concerned about is space in the car.  The cheaper one looks like it folds away to quite a small size but I'm thinking the Z bed is the one to go for in terms of comfort for my back.  Not too worried about cost.  I went to 3 star parties last year, and have 3 booked again for this year, so its not like it won't get used. 

I'm gonna order one and see if I can fit everything, that I would normally take, in the car with it.  I have a bigger car this year (but also a bigger scope) so I'm hoping its not going to be too much of a problem. 

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Tony - I took your advice re the sleeping bag.  Best one ever!! Even got Huw one in the end for when we went camping together.  So warm and cosy.  It's nice to be able to get really snuggled up in a sleeping bag that's very roomy! 

Sorry Rae I sent you the wrong link for the bed, it should have been this.  My bed is the Royale Bedchair XL.

My chair is 38"x 32"x 5" folded, but it is BIG. I also invested in a small trailer, makes things a lot easier. :rolleyes:

Glad your sleeping bag worked out ok for you.

Tony

Daz if i wanted to book the weekend before as well should i do that through you or directly with the site?

This will be my first holiday of sorts this year and i have either weekend free so because work has been mental and March is going to be a spectacular mess I'm thinking of turning this into a 9 day event for me.

Cheers

Daz if i wanted to book the weekend before as well should i do that through you or directly with the site?

This will be my first holiday of sorts this year and i have either weekend free so because work has been mental and March is going to be a spectacular mess I'm thinking of turning this into a 9 day event for me.

Cheers

Alan, the best approach is to give the site a call, explain that you are a guest at the star party and that you want to book the weekend before.

I don't think the site managers would know the allocations of the pitches. If given a pitch you may have to move when SGL9 starts.

I'm sure Daz will have the answer for you and wont mind if you PM him.

Cheers

Bear in mind that if you are camping in a tent for more  than four nights (which I often do) you have to move your tent to the other end/side of your pitch. This is to let the grass recover as it's early in the season and the grass is still growing,

Here you go Dave,

Daz has put a site plan on his latest update.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205893-bookings-update-20th-jan-2014/#entry2196500

Hopefully this will take you straight to the post with the site plan in it...

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205893-bookings-update-20th-jan-2014/?p=2183822

Peter...

cheers both dont know how I missed it. Looking forward to it.

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Don't know about current condition, but based on last years experience, it will be a 'bit squelchy'.

Squelchy!!!! it took me 6hours to get everything clean and packed up. I'm convinced had anyone fallen over on to there back they'd still be there stuck to the ground, it was like glue towards the end.

I'm deffo hoping for a dryer week but i'm not holding my breath, even if its dry in April the ground has taken a beating and someone recently posted a pic where the river had burst its banks. even if the torrential rain stops i don't see us having 7 weeks of dry weather for the ground to dry out

i'm prepping for a wet one!

Archived