SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 9 - Bookings

daz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im looking forward to this, just hope the weather plays ball !

So do I. Last year was the 1st when I've not seen any clear skies there. It was nice meeting everyone again but a night or two under clear skies wondering from scope to scope nattering to SGL friends is an experience not to be missed :grin:

Mind you, the night before I arrived last year was clear and a few lucky folks managed to spot the Horse Head Nebula !. How annoying that was ! :rolleyes2:  

So do I. Last year was the 1st when I've not seen any clear skies there. It was nice meeting everyone again but a night or two under clear skies wondering from scope to scope nattering to SGL friends is an experience not to be missed :grin:

Mind you, the night before I arrived last year was clear and a few lucky folks managed to spot the Horse Head Nebula !. How annoying that was ! :rolleyes2:  

Yes it was lovely and clear on the weds night last year. I was imaging the pinwheel galaxy, mind you it was about minus 10 C!!!!!!!

Is it worth beginning a thread so we can have some idea what people are bringing with them and what they intend doing:

Me for instance will be :

• Visual
  • 16 inch lightbridge Dob, hopefully with a digital setting circle system fitted by then and lightweight mount.

Cheers,

Closer to the event a thread of that sort will be started, judging by what happened in previous years.

now i have a car i can come to these meetups :D

booked for saturday night + hogroast, bringing my 10" dob.

ill be coming from coventry so if anyone wants a lift i can bring you, ill borrow a tent off a mate, but you'll need your own sleeping bag...

If I have a chance to assemble it and get it working -  I'll be bringing the Llamatron too :)

I now have all the bits for the initial version :D It's a spectrograph that will create images - in theory it should work for solar and DSO.. but first I have to get built!

Terry

There are 3 currently spare - not on the main field but right next door,. We have the whole row allocated to us so it would be just astro-people on it.

There are others making enquiries, so as they say - first come first served!

Looks like the nearest pub is only half a mile away. And it's brilliantly named "The Moon Inn". For a gathering of astronomers, it'd be almost rude not to attempt a landing.  "One small sip for a man..."

Terry

There are 3 currently spare - not on the main field but right next door,. We have the whole row allocated to us so it would be just astro-people on it.

There are others making enquiries, so as they say - first come first served!

Thanks Daz,

How do I book?

Thanks,

Terry.

Hi,

The Moon Inn is slightly more than half a mile going and even further coming back!

The staff and locals are very friendly, has TV for football and rugby matches.

The meals there are good and the service reasonably fast.

The pub now has a campsite attached........ Handy if you have a skinful....and the weather is cloudy!

I will be going there, so others are welcome.

Cheers

Adrian

Getting excited now... will be great to catch up with some of the lovely people I met last year! 

I want to invest in a 'proper' camping bed though... my inflatable actually coped during the whole (freezing) week last year, but then failed me on the first night of the next star party I went to... bought a new one, which was fine for the rest of that star party, then that one went during the Peak Star Party.... So far spent over £100 on air mattresses... Don't want to buy another! 

Does anyone have any recommendation for a good camping bed... I have a bad back and a chronic pain condition so comfort is key! 

Archived