Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a copy too.

I've cut it out and laminated it to go with our other PR material from the previous Wakefield Express article and the piece from Astronomy Now - so we can put them on our display boards at future events.

Some sad news today chaps... The dome has now left my ownership as has made its way to Staffordshire to start a new life... Feel gutted. Thanks to all who have helped with the dome and I am sorry I didn't get to realise the dream with you.

On the plus side you can now all thank me for the clear skies we are going to have over the next few days... Starting tonight ;)

Some sad news today chaps... The dome has now left my ownership as has made its way to Staffordshire to start a new life... Feel gutted. Thanks to all who have helped with the dome and I am sorry I didn't get to realise the dream with you.

On the plus side you can now all thank me for the clear skies we are going to have over the next few days... Starting tonight ;)

Typical and I've volunteered to work nights!! :sad:

That's a shame Paul. Not so sure on the clear nights tho as I'm now the proud owner of an Atik 4000 so can see it been cloudy for a few months yet.

Bring on the narrowband images now tho [emoji106][emoji2]

Nice one. I'm looking forward to seeing some images from it!

Look forward to seeing the end product Kieran.

Not done anything yet just did some test subs to see what it was like. Soon as get some good clear skies I'll try get a full image, I'm hoping Galloway will have some long clear nights to get some good data.

Great talk from Damian tonight... Lots of very interesting things and possibly a few tips for budding telescope builders...

Cheers Damian it's really appreciated :)

Thanks for that Soupy and to all our members and guests that attended and didn't fall asleep, hope it wasn't too hard to follow.

Good to see everyone and nice to see new faces too.

Lots to come in the following months keep up the good work guys

Damian

I would also like to thank Damian for his talk last night. From someone very new to this I found it fascinating and very informative. I had not appreciated the skill and craftsmanship needed to rake on such a build. What a scope! Thank you once again Damian.

Archived