Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who's going to the Paul Abel talk at Hudds Astro society tonight? Ryan P - have you filled your car?

Leigh, are you sorted for Todmorden on Sat? I can give you a lift and take your pick from a camera tripod, EQ2, EQ3-2 or EQ6 mounts.

I think its down to the amount of frames and stacking for the detail but its not my line of expertise . Did you capture them with a web cam or the DSLR? best results so I'm led to believe are with web cam. Sammy is your man for the planets check his flickr page  he's done some really good ones

Some decent results Sam.

For my planetary processing I tend to use:

PIPP | for cropping & centralising the video

Autostakkert2 | for stacking the video frames

Registax 5 or 6 | for wavelet processing/bringing out the detail

Photoshop/GIMP | for final tweaks

You'd usually need to do two sets of video, one with an exposure for the moons, and then one for the planet. After processing each one then combine the final images for a nice composition.

You not going to Paul Abel talk then Damian? Might make it myself but not to site until I get home

Not sure as yet as I've got to get a decent amount of polish on my 22" before sunday. Could be good though? 

So who's going to the Paul Abel talk at Hudds Astro society tonight? Ryan P - have you filled your car?

Leigh, are you sorted for Todmorden on Sat? I can give you a lift and take your pick from a camera tripod, EQ2, EQ3-2 or EQ6 mounts.

That would be great Matt, have sent you a PM

Enjoyed a pleasant evening with Hudds Astro Society and an interesting talk by Dr Paul Abel. They had a lower than expected turnout for the event which was slightly disappointing, and it's a shame more of our WADAS members couldn't attend - only Ryan, Lee and I were there.

Sorry I missed it as well, but wife didn't get back from Kielder till 8.30 so was too late to make my way down, but I might make Todmorden tonight, shame it looks like to weather might not be the best ☁️

Archived