NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you bringing the monster scope up with you Damian.

Unfortunately not but I would've liked you all to see it in the glass so to say.

We're star testing it on my patio and then It's off

to Kelling heath star party for next weekends main event.

I'll bring some photo's up though if I turn out tonight

Another great night last night and another late one, not good with these early starts [emoji13][emoji13]

Collected some more great data last night 2.4 hours on the Soul Nebula and then 1.3 hours through the 200mm lens on the Heart and Soul Nebula.

Back at it again tonight. [emoji12]

Excellent image Kieran amazing!

Dave by all means bring father in law along. And Ryan and Lee glad you came along to the meeting looking forward to catching up again soon.

How star test went well Damian :)

Cheers Soupy,

Was great to meet you all, already looking forward to the next meeting.

Can anybody tell me where I might be able to download a copy of the Lunar 100 list and associated map that Nick was referring to at the meeting?

Thanks,

Lee

A quick google search brought this up; http://www.astrospider.com/Lunar100list.htm

I can't say how close it is to the one used by Nick at the meeting, as I missed that part.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I had managed to find a list but couldn't find the associated map. This does look quite similar though, plus its got images of most of the items which will help.

Thanks very much.

Lee

Anyone playing out tonight last clear night for the foreseeable future lol. [emoji294]️[emoji294]️[emoji437][emoji437][emoji294]️[emoji294]️

I'm gonna try to make it up Kieran as spent that long with G last night wasn't worth it. Probably get up for between 9 and 10?

There's also the Virtual Moon Atlas, which can be downloaded from here: http://ap-i.net/avl/en/download

I've calculated that Winscarr is now a 70 miles round trip from my new address - will still try to make the odd meet though.

A couple of (astro newbie) mates came round last night with their scopes and we had a fairly decent 'how to set up/observing' session.

Archived