Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's clear tomorrow I may have a run out to Winscarr, however I haven't been before. Let us know if you are still going Kieran via the forum. Might give the scope a run out if I get the power tank sorted tomorrow. Had problems with the old lap-top I was given so not managed to set-up the CCD camera yet. Got the installation discs downloaded yesterday, had a message for 148 updates, and now it won't come back on. Going to pinch my lap-top back from Luke to download the DMK software onto there for now just to have a play to see how it works. Had it all out the boxes this afternoon and put the RGB filters into the filter wheel and got it all connected together. Might bring the camera if I come to Winscarr tomorrow, however I'm looking forward to just viewing with the new scope :)

Damian that mirror went for just under £180 with postage it would have been £210

I saw it. With a rework costing probably in the region of £400-£500 and then the coating there wouldn't be much change from a bag of sand!

Been over to see Lee this morning for a power tank, but took my CCD cameras over to go through the basics with him. Feel so much more confident now. He's advised what to put aside and leave "in the box" for now, and given great advice on how to start with the basics, and simply how to get used to the software. Basically, he has advised to just use the camera with nosepiece only for now, and just get used to focusing, exposure, gain, frame speed and the basic controls of the software. He's made it so much easier to understand, and he said it's a shame the moon isn't out this evening, as that would be an ideal target for playing around with the software. Feel like I'm ready to rock and roll now :)

Archived