SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick would using contacts help?

The light pollution isn't as bad as fog he he but I managed to make out m81 m82 with the finder proving the theory that going somewhere dark increases the aperture of your scope.

Quite foggy here?

I've just walked in and forgot that I'd left the coffee in my flask from last night. Nearly 24 hours and still hot enough to have a proper cup of steaming hot coffee I'm gob smacked! Best bit of kit ever!

just a heads up for anyone doing the moons course,  you do not have to wait for the start of each week,  you can do it all straight off, assuming you have the time :)

I did last weeks, and tis weeks on sunday afternoon,  so jumped to look at other weeks and you can access everything right up to the final week

(C8 purchase looks like its not happening for various reasons)   :(

was my first night out at overton nick was there with his scope as well as Vicky and her son who soon left as I got there about 930

wakefield way was disappointing but the southern horizon was quite good been with it been so cold

after initialy setup my scope wrong (blumming American dates)

up and running

good old m42 while scope cooling down

owl neb

crab

beehive

m95

m96(only just saw these)

cone nebula in keiths

then to finish off Jupiter which got the wow factor as callisto was in transit across it showing itself and a shadow as well as jupiters may belts

just a heads up for anyone doing the moons course,  you do not have to wait for the start of each week,  you can do it all straight off, assuming you have the time :)

I did last weeks, and tis weeks on sunday afternoon,  so jumped to look at other weeks and you can access everything right up to the final week

(C8 purchase looks like its not happening for various reasons)   :(

Thanks Leigh, I noticed this too that you can move ahead with the other weeks, are there many people commenting on the forum sections for the weeks ahead? how did you find the end of week 1 test?

Think I may do some planetary again when the moons bk out.

Be good to see Kieran as you've been concentrating on DSO for so long now it will be a nice change.

You can also give a few of the others a bit of help as it seem's they're struggling

Thanks Leigh, I noticed this too that you can move ahead with the other weeks, are there many people commenting on the forum sections for the weeks ahead? how did you find the end of week 1 test?

there a few commenting it looks like,

Struggled a bit on the week 1 test, but didn't  do too badly

I've really got the stargazing bug now! It's all Luke's fault lol :) Picked up my copy of Turn Left at Orion and 2015 Guide to the Sky at Night from my local friendly bookshop in Horbury, who informed me that someone had ordered exactly the same books this morning. Was it any of you guys? Richard thought it was funny that he had an order for the same two books just as he was unpacking my copies. Looking forward to the next clear night so I can get out and get cracking finding the objects using the star charts.

I haven't managed to get on with the moons course this week - don't know where the week has gone! Hopefully i might have time tomorrow to catch up :) 

Archived