WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she has Vicky I asked for some ex-cell eyepieces and got these 323addd2b1d96edb65fa20125c754439.jpg

It's a full set just waiting for the 17mm to arrive as there is a shortage of them

Mark

Looks you've just completed my wish list :)

Makes me want to come out on a viewing with you even more ;)

When's the next official outing due?

Looks you've just completed my wish list :)

Makes me want to come out on a viewing with you even more ;)

When's the next official outing due?

I'm not quite sure just check the website or leek an eye on our events page on sgl

Mark

The forecast is terrible for this week, typical as I'm off work. Anyway, saw this link on the net today for anyone interested in eclipse's. http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/SolarEclipsesGoogleMaps.html

I'm still deciding if I'm going to go to the states for the 2017 eclipse.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Another day of eating and drinking to excess nearly over with and the main day for me seeing my two girls.

It's been a nice day.

On a different note and following on from what Chris has put above I can say since the week we had in September where I got out four times the weather has been appalling and as the year finally draws to a close it looks more than likely to continue.

It is hard to keep the faith but the clear skies will return and when they do the last 3 months of weather will quickly fade away and become a distant memory.

We just need to be ready to get out and keep looking up.

Clear skies all

Damian

Another day of eating and drinking to excess nearly over with and the main day for me seeing my two girls.

It's been a nice day.

On a different note and following on from what Chris has put above I can say since the week we had in September where I got out four times the weather has been appalling and as the year finally draws to a close it looks more than likely to continue.

It is hard to keep the faith but the clear skies will return and when they do the last 3 months of weather will quickly fade away and become a distant memory.

We just need to be ready to get out and keep looking up.

Clear skies all

Damian

Indeed we do need to keep faith that the clear skies will return. It's a test of all our patience. Still, gives us all a chance to catch up on reading, plan potential observing sessions, things like that.

Nicely done on the set of EPs Mark - I'll have to take a look through those when we can ever get out on a viewing session as they are on my short list of EPs

Lee has lent me a 8mm Hyperion to test out. I had a quick go with it the other day on the moon, and it seemed to give a bit of yellowing around the edges. Going to give it another go, but I'm not too convinced with it. Think I have been spoiled by using the Ethos range recently.

Pleased you've got an up-to-date Turn Left at Orion Chris, it's the one book I make sure I always have with me.

Got home tonight and found Horbury Bridge and Horbury Junction flooded. Not good news for the local residents, including my mum, however she says it's not come into her end of the street yet. Fortunately, we are not affected on our street as it is on higher ground.

The Cinnamon Lounge at Horbury Bridge is completely flooded :(

post-39306-0-35306900-1451169078_thumb.j

post-39306-0-65828100-1451169094_thumb.j

Bad isn't it vicky, I heard on Facebook that the cinnamon lounge wasn't flooded yet, but must be now. The river isn't due to peak until about 1am I think, so hope everyone is ok down there, so glad I don't live near a river but feel sorry for the people that do

My chief concern us that my mother will turn up seeking refuge in the middle of the night!

Seriously, I hope that everyone down there is ok.

Found out from my old Asda colleagues that the foot bridge at the back of Asda Dewsbury has been completely washed away.

It's awful. I just can't imagine how horrible it must be to have your home flooded :(

I suppose the problem with the place where the curry house is, and all that industrial estate, is that it would have been the flood plane for the Calder, so with the extreme about of rain we have had is gone there

The bridge was in Radcliffe a mile or so outside of bury, really bad over this way. It washed an old pub away about a mile up the road from me too, and the street behind where I live and the school where my daughter goes is also flooded. We're slightly higher up, so not got to us - hopefully it will stay that way.

The bridge was in Radcliffe a mile or so outside of bury, really bad over this way. It washed an old pub away about a mile up the road from me too, and the street behind where I live and the school where my daughter goes is also flooded. We're slightly higher up, so not got to us - hopefully it will stay that way.

Sounds bad, glad your ok though

I was up at 5 this morning and got my frack out to give the Morpheus a small test and they are really good in the frack. Jupiter looks amazing through them and could not see any distortions of Jupiter or its moons right up to the edges of the lenses. I'm really pleased with them. Turned the scope on the moon after fitting a filter also looks really good nice sharp edges to the craters.

Of course you can have a play Vicky as can any one.

Hope your mums ok Vicky and any one else who has family affected by the floods.

Clouds have rolled in now had a good hour playing thinks it's cuppa tea time

Mark

Archived