WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC has it clear all night for me tonight, so that might be an early Christmas present? Might try and catch the ISS at 17:18 as well.

It'll be nice if it is clear to see the ISS pass, however it'll be at just 13 degrees, so not an easy spot.

The full moon will wash a lot of the sky out, but viewing can still be done - some of us will put up with anything just to get out!

I would also like to wish all my astro-friends a very happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016.

Here's to some clear skies so we can get out and meet together to do some viewing very soon.

We've got a great society going and I'd like to thank everyone for your encouragement and support :)

Been at work today, don't see why as nobody has done anything productive. Although I did just win to become the Christmas (darts) Champion! Nearly home time now, and back to Scunny this afternoon. Matt.

Well done on the darts Matt - I'm going to be heading into work shortly - I work in admin at Chapelthorpe Medical Centre, and I'm expecting it to be manic as everyone will be panicking that the GP surgery will be closed for 4 days! Oh no! It's the end of the world lol. Roll on 5.30pm when I'll be out of there until 8am Tuesday morning, when it will probably be even more manic hehe

Merry Christmas to you :)

Hi all,

Just need to say thank you to everyone who is part of our society for making it welcoming, friendly and successful in its first two years of existence.

It has been a fair journey up to now and many people have put time and effort into building it both visibly and behind the scene's. Acknowledgements aside without everyone of you out there that attend the meetings, and show a passion for our hobby, the society wouldn't be what it is today.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and clear (moonless!!) Skies for 2016

Well done and keep up the good work

Damian

I'm still at work and will be for a while yet. Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year to one and all. All the best for 2016 although I'm sure we will all be chatting on here tomorrow when our prezzies are opened.

Iv really enjoyed my first year as a WADAS member and looking forward to meany more to come thanks for the warm friendly welcome and the friendship you have all shown to me and my wife Adele who has now been given the all clear from the hospital best prezzy ever. Thanks again [emoji106]

I don't think they did one mark this month because if Tim peaks launch, think the budget rocketed :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That's poop flipping Tim Peaks not like he's doing anything interesting. You mean they payed money to see him put his thumbs up and grin [emoji849]

Mark

oh missed that lol

also don't want to be seen to be soliciting sales, but have decided to sell my scope, mount and eyepieces,  I just am not getting the use out of them,  so decided to concentrate on a dslr based grab and go more or less  widefield set up.

so if anyone interested pm me

Just a short note to flag up Sky at Night on the box next Wednesday http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06t3wst on the Christmas Star . Best wishes to you all down the valley in Wakey.

Many thanks, I remember now they did say the programme was about the Christmas star.

And the same in return for the Christmas period and new year cheers and clear skies

Damian

Archived