Hello from Norfolk, England

philo2457

Hello, 

My family and I recently moved to Dereham, in Norfolk

I've been fascinated with the night sky since i was a young lad, my father, who on returning from the USA ( He was in the Royal Navy) bought me a simple refractor. I remember seeing craters on the moon and thinking wow. Then after a 22 year career in the British army i bought an ETX 125, but where i lived was very light polluted. I sold the ETX a few years ago  Moving to Dereham and being able to see the night sky has rekindled my enthusiasm.

My lovely wife has just bought a Celestron CPC 925 GPS, a pro wedge and some eyepieces for it (it's my 50th Birthday very soon) I have however been warned by my wife that if i wake her in the night saying "Babe, you have to come look at this" she'll, well lets say be upset ;o)

I also have a canon 5D mkii and T adapter. I'd like to learn astrophotography too

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and making some friends on the way

Clear skies to all

Dave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice area of the UK and reasonable skies.

If interested there is Breckland Astro at Attleborough and the Norwich club south of Norwich at an airfield with the name Toad Lane.

Mind you hauling a 9.25" SCT round will not be easy.

Welcome to SGL - If you think AP will be your bag, you could always drop a couple of ££'s on the book 'Making Every Photon Count' that is available from the book section of the FLO website. It's a brilliant read and something of an imagers bible.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived