Hello from The Highhlands

jmullan

Hi Group

I have just decided that after a couple of years sky watching with my bins to upgrade to a telescope and become more active in my hobby as a would be astronomer. I have purchased my first telescope, a Celestron Astromaster 102GT nexstar+ computerised goto as im not good enough to be able to read a star chart just yet. Anyway got the scope and a few add-ons and some additional ep's and look forward to being part of community.

John

"A Life ? Where do I download one? "

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi john

great news, im new also 6 weeks in

get that scope pointing east at 4am in the morning at gemini constellation if there is no clouds (i've been waiting 2 weeks to clear in the west midlands)

no excuses, set the alarm clock, make a cuppa and enjoy

regards martin

sorry to look at jupiter

too many beers

brains not working

Hi John,

Welcome to SGL, you will fine a lot of useful info on this site.

Secondly, there is a star party in Galloway in November 2013, which is attended by some great Scottish clansmen.

They wash the teeth with malt whiskey!!!

I holiday often in the Highlands, walking the munros and birdwatching.

Where are you based in the wilderness?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As a member of Highlands Astronomical Society I am compelled to invite you along to any of our meetings, first Tuesday of every month! ;)

(Last month's meeting was Equipment Night)

Some good clear nights here recently - hope you're getting some views with that 102?

Ant :)

Archived