Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Chippenham

daverichris

Hello,

I live in Chippenham Wiltshire so i'm hoping to pop down to Lacock for the first time on Friday the 28th for the monthly  WAS observing session. It would be good to hear if any one else is going down from SGL.

I have always been interested in astronomy but over the past months have been doing more and more research into astrophysics and cosmology. I really wish I listened more in school because trying to get my head around quantum mechanics when I cant remember any basic linear algebra is a night mare.

Any way I don't have a telescope so i'm in the market but I'm not in a major rush, Ill spend some time here and with WAS and get some more advice before splashing out. I'm a programmer in my day job and enjoy rock climbing and mountain biking the rest of the time.

I look forward to speaking to you all.

speak soon.

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Nice dark observing spot and the Red Lion serves a decent pint too!  :grin: You won't be disappointed as Andy Burns and the team usually take along a good selection of scopes to help you decide what type and size will best meet your expectations in astronomy. Let us know how you got on and what conclusions you might have come to.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Nice dark observing spot and the Red Lion serves a decent pint too!  :grin: You won't be disappointed as Andy Burns and the team usually take along a good selection of scopes to help you decide what type and size will best meet your expectations in astronomy. Let us know how you got on and what conclusions you might have come to.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks James, yes it should be perfect providing all the cloud clears away before Friday.

Welcome to SGL

Is Lacock that "village that time forgot" where you even need to apply for planning consent to change your usual at the pub, or am I thinking of somewhere else?

James

Yes thats the one, I think its all owned by the national trust so you cant change anything without permission. There was a local uproar when some one changed the colour of their front door.

Hi,

I used to live in Sherston, not far from Chippenham  (spent many a night in Gold Diggers!). Used to go to one of the pubs over Lacock.  I miss the dark skies now I live in the big smoke!

Hi bish, yes Sherston is only down the road. A friend recently moved their and straight back out again. They couldn't deal with being so remote.

Archived