NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best Shops - online and in store?

I have found FLO to be a superb, reputable, honest and genuinely enthusiastic dealer. If anything goes wrong - like it did with my NEQ6 mount - they are there for you. I highly recommend them. They are also no more expensive than anyone else in this very expensive hobby!

• Like 6

I would say the one that answers the phone ,so many do not ,like your self ,every one as been there ,wants to no who is the best

well most are brill they all offer the same service ,customer service is hit and miss with some of them,

get on the phone give a few places a ring ,you will find that you will klik with one of the shops or websites and away you go .i would not go as far as to say use this shop or that shop as you may not get the same service as i did ,but give them a ring they will all happily advise you what you may need

tell them your budget and your needs for the scope ,do you just want to look at things ? Whats your main interests ,once you can answer these to your self write a check list of things you want to say say And give a ring round

Flo,365 astronomy,opticstar,skys the limit

they have all been good for me in the past they all have fast delivery times ,if the item is in stock most delivered with in 1/2 days,they all offer good customer service

am sure you will klik with one of these shops ,its like saying which shop do you goto every day for you bread and milk

pat

Edited by todd8137
  • Like 2

Skies the Limit and FLO have both been brilliant with me. When I ordered my LP filter from FLO it arrived and was the 2inch version, not the 1.25 but within 5 mins of me ringing them up they had sent out a replacement and the means to send the 2inch back via freepost.

• Like 1

Ive dealt with:

FLO (telescopes,filters,tshirt,dew prevention system etc)

TelescopeHouse (8115 tripod)

Strathspey Binoculars (20x90 bins)

Some American company (450D spare battery and universal digital camera adapter)

Scopes'n'Skies/astronomy and wildlife centre (barlolw lens)

Astronomy Ireland (telescopes and EP's)

Warehouse Express (Canon 450D)

Let's just say getting my barlow lens and my 450D camera were a nighmare. The rest were/are a joy to deal with. FLO just have to be the best because of their after sales care. But they are so much more then just that. Most obliging company i have ever dealt with in any regard.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Like everyone else I can only go by my experiences. I've had really great service from FLO, quick responses, replacements with no arguments etc. I have had a really positive experience with Opticstar too but I think FLO has a better range and more brands on board. Both seem to be really good reliable suppliers.

cheers