Hello from Helsinki

hansu

Hello everyone.

I haven't bought my first telescope yet, but will do in about a month or so. I got my eyes on the Sky Wathcer Sky Max 102. ( a good choice?)

I live in an appartment building, so I don't exactly have my own back garden. ( as most people here seem to have one :D ) But there is a pretty nice hill a walking distance away from me. It's about 90m above sea level, so I suppose that would be a good place to use my telescope when I eventually buy one.

-hansu

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hansu welcome to the lounge,

the Sky Max 102 is a good choice, it's a good starter scope,

and it's portable, which for you seems to be what you will need,

getting it to the top of that hill might be tiring.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks :). I have a question about profile pictures. I've tried about 10 different pics now, and it just keeps telling me they are too large :S. Or are new people just not allowed to have profile pictures? :D

Moi Hansu, and welcome to SGL. I am in Vantaa (Sipoo side) and although I live in an "omakotitalo", find challenges with trees and houses in the neighbourhood. Unfortunately my Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX is a bit too large to drag up a hill. I plan to look for somewhere a little further away that I can access by car for better sky conditions.

Archived