Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

jgs001

Hi all,

Started observing a few weeks back, been lurking here for a little less (sorry, should have said Hi :oops:). Just using Binos at the moment (12x50). Gonna get a scope at some point, but as I am only just beginning to figure out what's where...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL John,

There's lots and lots of really good information on this forum and everyone is very helpful. I've been inspired by what I have seen in this forum to do so much more (have to somehow get the extra equipment acquisitions without my wife knowing!).

Enjoy,

Sam

Warm welcome to you John.

Hope you have a great time on SGL. Binoculars are a great tool for browsing the sky, and will always be better that a

poor telescope, of which there are some around, so when you are ready to ugrade to a scope, ask a lot of question on here first. That will ensure you get what you need.

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Gaz'OC and Matthew thanks for the welcome.

Mikep, do you know where the local astronomy societies meet in West Sussex. I've been reading that it's a good idea to go along to a meet or three at least before investing in a scope.

Archived