NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Wakefield newbie.

MrFinster

Hi all,

I'm coming back to looking upwards having last owned a telescope many years ago as a youngster. I'm currently looking at getting an 8 inch SC Celestron very shortly and cant wait to get out with it. I have lurked on here for a while and had the benefit of the wonderful knowledge available here and decided I had better join in.

Would love to meet up with some fellow scopers from the wf4 area at some point.

I'm currently cursed with being near the mast, and the up glow from Sheffield and Manchester somewhat limits what is available to see with binoculars but I'm up for travelling when my new toy arrives so the future is looking exciting.

Thanks to you all for a wonderful forum and providing the impetus to overide my Yorkshireness when having to spend large sums of money and lash out some brass on "summat aif decent".

So hi from myself to all of you.

hi and welcome if you want to meet like minded people we are starting a society for the wakefield area if you read the last few pages of the thread wakefield area in social groups you will be more than welcome to join in

Thanks for the welcome chaps, I'm looking forward to being able to contribute.

hi and welcome if you want to meet like minded people we are starting a society for the wakefield area if you read the last few pages of the thread wakefield area in social groups you will be more than welcome to join in

Hi, cheers for the welcoming offer, depending on my work shift times I will try to get across the valley as soon as I can if this is a regular thing, I know most of the pubs in Horbury and Ossett, been many years since I went in the Bull. Trouble with my work is that I either finish at 10 at night or need to be up at half past daft o'clock in the morning due to having to trail all the way to Barnsley.

Thanks for the welcome chaps, I'm looking forward to being able to contribute.

Hi, cheers for the welcoming offer, depending on my work shift times I will try to get across the valley as soon as I can if this is a regular thing, I know most of the pubs in Horbury and Ossett, been many years since I went in the Bull. Trouble with my work is that I either finish at 10 at night or need to be up at half past daft o'clock in the morning due to having to trail all the way to Barnsley.

Welcome MrFinster and as Dean W says you are more than welcome to join us and come along and have a chat. Don't worry about the shift work me too but try my best.

Damian

• 3 weeks later...

Archived