Hello from Granada, Spain

Leonardo_FL

Hi all,

I found this place by chance when I was searching the web for comprehensive information about binoculars - a guy called Stephen Tonkin mentions some members of Stargazers Lounge on his webpage about Binocular Astronomy. I'm a beginner in astronomy and don't have much time to spend under dark sky, but due to my job I get easy access to varied equipment - I have even reviewed some telescopes and binoculars. So here I am willing to share some of my modest experience with you and to learn from your valuable experience.

Thanks,

Leo

bushnell_elite_7x26-1.jpg

Hi Leo and welcome to the forum. Looks like a nice bit of clear sky in the background of your picture - hope you have clear dark skies on an evening to observe - makes all the difference.

Hope you will enjoy the forum

James

Hi all,

I found this place by chance when I was searching the web for comprehensive information about binoculars - a guy called Stephen Tonkin mentions some members of Stargazers Lounge on his webpage about Binocular Astronomy. I'm a beginner in astronomy and don't have much time to spend under dark sky, but due to my job I get easy access to varied equipment - I have even reviewed some telescopes and binoculars. So here I am willing to share some of my modest experience with you and to learn from your valuable experience.

Thanks,

Leo

bushnell_elite_7x26-1.jpg

Aperture fever awaits :grin:

Aperture fever awaits :grin:

Well, I'm not completely free of that kind of fever. Anyhow, don't underestimate my beloved Bushnell Elite 7x26 binoculars (actually 6.5x26), which offer a nice 7 degrees nearly flat field of pinpoint stars.... and are a bit more comfortable to carry around than a pair of 25x100.

Thank you all!

celestron_skymaster_25x100.jpg

Archived