Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new member from Berkshire

Jim Steele

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Jim. Many will say that binoculars are a great way to start, in fact many objects are best seen that way. As you say when the bug bites you're on the slippery slope. Your first scope will soon not be good enough as aperture fever and scope envy kicks in :shocked:

All the best and clear skies

Jason

Welcome Jim. Many will say that binoculars are a great way to start, in fact many objects are best seen that way. As you say when the bug bites you're on the slippery slope. Your first scope will soon not be good enough as aperture fever and scope envy kicks in :shocked:

All the best and clear skies

Jason

Thanks Jason, i think my first scope is a long way off as their can be expensive but managed to go to a few of my local astronomy group meetings to use theirs. Hopefully a good way to learn how to use them until i decide which one to buy.

Still fumbling around trying to find things with my bins - but half the fun of learning where things are.

Hi Jim and welcome to SGL, if you have caught the bug, best get an inoculation against aperture fever, try down loading the free program Stellarium, that should keep you busy for a bit with your bins :)

John.

Hi, scopes don't have to be expensive, my first cope was and still is a skywatcher 130 explorer. Excellent reflector starter scope, cost me £100 off of gum tree.

if you do find a cure for aperture id welcome it, although my recently acquired telementor 2 takes the edge off a bit.

Any way welcome.

Happy hunting.

T*

Hi Jim & welcome to SGL. No hurry to discovering what 'aperture fever' is, well not yet anyway.

Enjoy your binoculars, the ultimate in grab 'n' go astronomy & don't be afraid to ask SGL members for advice.

They are all very friendly & helpful and managed to answer all my questions.

Archived