Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I don't believe it

Mothy

Hello, having lurked for some time trying to decide what to purchase I finaly ordered a Skywatche Skymax 127 Eq 3-2 from FLO.

It arrived on Monday 5th March and I spent the afternoon assembling it. In the evening all my thoughts of taking things slowly went out of the window. There were clear skys! :smiley: I managed to view Jupiter even if my polar alignment was dodgy.

Then this evening it was clear once again! Managed to get a better polar alignment and once again viewed Jupiter and also identified three moons (I think). Then it clouded over.

After all that I have read aboud new equipment ensuring cloudy skys I still can't believe it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Mothy, and welcome to SGL! That's a very nice scope you have there, and I hope you get a lot of use out of it. As you live in Hampshire, and I'm in Lancashire I will phone FLO tomorrow and tell them they forgot to add the cloud packet if you like?!!!

Martin.

grats for the new toys!

yes normaly you get around 1 month of cloudy sky for 1k € of new equipment :rolleyes:

as the eye updates from version mk I to mk II or higher you should be able to see even the red spot...

...and then there comes the equipment fever...in the worst case with astrophotography.

beware of that!

slap on a webcam and follow jupiter...use registax und you should get impressive images!

look down to imaging planets.

the sw 127 is just made for that!

Welcome mothy , you are a lucky first timer! Been nice and clear here in the south east too. Enjoy your new hobby and keep a lock on your wallet , your gonna need it , kev

Welcome to SGL Mothy. Don't be too disheartened now that rainy skies will destroy all possibility of getting back out again for another nine years or so. It comes with the territory. ;)

:rolleyes:

Hi Mothy

Very jealous of your scope!!! I have just started observing with a pair of 10 x 50 bins, am loving it and learning my way round the sky, but the temptation to jump to a scope is very strong particularly after reading your post.

Thanks for the welcome.

tonedeaf my other hobby is photography. I don't know how long it will be before the DLSR get attached. Think I had best get used to using my eyes first.

Archived