NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Creating clear skies by selling gear..

ubertank

So only a handful of really nice clear skies in the last couple of months for me, but I still have the bug. Such to the extent I got myself an NEQ6 pro through the classifieds here.

In order to get a scope more suitable for imaging, I sold my 200P dob and that night the skies were nice and clear. Tonight it's wonderful too. Selling gear actually creates clear skies.

To add insult to injury I was just too slow to get either of the two Evostar ED80 deals that came up on astrobuysell in the last few days, so am without scope until I see a deal.

Bummer..

I'm not sure this is going to work as a cloud management strategy. If you sell gear, someone has to buy it, right? So they're causing cloudy skies. Perhaps you have to sell it to someone far away, or to someone who isn't actually able to use it at the time they receive it.

James

Trust James to foil the plot, the selling thing was going along nicely!

Anyway the weathermen have forcasted rain for 4/5 days, this includes the weekend Doh!

Guess I'll have to read the manuals for my new equipment, might even know what I'm doing when I set it up...........

If not there will probably be a daft question asked on here.

Clear skies - eventually.

Trust James to foil the plot, the selling thing was going along nicely!

You'd be horribly disappointed if you sold loads of gear and it was still cloudy though, wouldn't you?

James

I'm not sure this is going to work as a cloud management strategy. If you sell gear, someone has to buy it, right? So they're causing cloudy skies. Perhaps you have to sell it to someone far away, or to someone who isn't actually able to use it at the time they receive it.

James

Indeed, it seems that cloudy weather - just like energy, can neither be created or destroyed :)

Last night I didnt bother setting up as they sky was like soup until midnight, by which time it was just too late.

I've sold a pair of binocs, two eyepieces and am handing over a scope with mount and additional eyepieces tomorrow. This technnique doesn't travel well as havent seen the sky for some time and looking at the forecast just depresses me. S'pose i should make myself feel better and buy an eyepiece or something, isn't that what we astronomers do?

Barry

Thanks Über, that's why I went Dob:) the EQ was killing me!!

Now you tell me - my EQ5 arrived today, not noticed anyone converting a scope to a Dob mount on here though, not looked that hard, may have missed it, plenty of places on here it could be hiding..............

Only joking of course!

Creating my fair share of the cloud!

"You'd be horribly disappointed if you sold loads of gear and it was still cloudy though, wouldn't you?" - perhaps not James, more beer money maybe? Might be miffed when the skies cleared though.

Nice to know the banter hasn't run out on here.

Archived