Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear Skys Tonight

jeremy1

It's looking good for clear skys tonight. Time to dust the scope off again and get her out there ready and chilled. Oh nearly forgot the little table for the lenses and my glass of Scottish Tea (medicinal purposes only) :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like things are going in the right direction here too. The cloud has been gradually breaking up through the day. Still some high hazy stuff but I think that's on the way out.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just cleared here ( about 15:30)

Forecast clear til midnight , but if this afternoons seeing is anything to go on I won't be getting too enthusiastic . . . it was dreadful . . .

Won't stop me getting out there though . . . :p

Just cleared here ( about 15:30)

Forecast clear til midnight , but if this afternoons seeing is anything to go on I won't be getting too enthusiastic . . . it was dreadful . . .

Won't stop me getting out there though . . . :p

I'm just glad there's virtually no cloud for once, if the seeings rubbish I don't think I'll care tbh. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

All clear in East Anglia. Just had a good 30 mins with my bins. Had a look at Jupiter and its 4 moons (i think 4), Orion nebula, the pleiades etc... a good 30 mins re-kindle my love with the skies.......still saving for my first scope :(

Clear skies all !

It's clear here and I'm getting more subs of M42/3.

When I say clear, I can see the stars, and even photograph them, but the zenith is visibly orange, and I can only count the belt stars and a couple of others in Orion. TBH I didn't hold out much hope when I saw how pale blue the sky was. BBC weather was only saying visibility good declining to moderate.

Thank heavens for Astronomik!

If it does get any better later I'll have a go at M81/82 which will be reasonably placed (They're behind a tree ATM)

You could count on one hand the number of genuinely clear nights here in SW Ireland over the last year or so, even when the clouds thin out the seeing just isn't good enough - what happened to the sparkling clear skies of my youth?... the climate is deffo going pear-shaped.

Well, it's still clear here, the kids are in bed and dinner is about ready. No real idea of what the seeing is like, but I already have the 450d out on the tripod with the kit lens in, in continuous shoot mode with the remote release locked down. I'm attempting my first ever star trails :)

Very tempted to get the big dob out later and have a peek at a few galaxies in Leo.

James

Well M42 went behind a tree and the battery ran out at about the same time so I've switched to M45 after changing batteries. I've another two freshly charged on my desk keeping warm.

Still waiting for M81 / 2 to be well aspected.

Sky's still gack

Still clear here, so im trying to finish off last years cone nebula with some SII. Ive also got the 1000d snapping away for another CCD/DSLR project, its already picked up something in the corner of the frame that ive never seen before - hubbles variable nebula.

Yep good to be out again,

my visitors (who are now in bed) are my sister & my 7 year old nephew.

So I set the ED80 up for them & did a quick tour of some of the best astro sights, the "wow that's amazing" from the 7 year old were nice.....(they live in a town so don't get to see the stars very often).

Mick

Just spent some quality time with my telescopes....and Mrs Twotter :) First light for my new 31mm Hyperion Aspheric in the 200P dob. Double cluster looked better than I remember, and it was fun to swap between 2" and 1.25" fittings, though I definitely prefer the view as a 2" ep :)

Trying for M81 / 82 now.

The sky's clear but the orange glow is just diabolical.

TBH I think I'm on a hiding to nothing here, as I can't see enough to even frame where they are let alone *see* them.

I'll look at the first 5 min sub, if it's OJK I'll continue, else I'll pack it in for the night.

Shame really as it's the first "clear" night we've had for about 3 weeks.

Well the sub was a bit gack I could see something in the bottom right corner but not enough to decide if it was M81 or 82 so Knocked it on the head and am now sitting watching MOTD and warming up with a tot of 100 proof rum.

I'll have another go on Mon or Tue.

Well, it's still clear here, the kids are in bed and dinner is about ready. No real idea of what the seeing is like, but I already have the 450d out on the tripod with the kit lens in, in continuous shoot mode with the remote release locked down. I'm attempting my first ever star trails :)

Very tempted to get the big dob out later and have a peek at a few galaxies in Leo.

James

Hope your star trails go well, look forward to seeing them, try to get some around Polaris

Olly

Archived