SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Argyll

Lonestar70

Hi everyone, from a very wet, and cloudy Argyll.

I have been lurking for quite a while and thought it was time to join the club.

My name is Sandy and I am a retired electronics and software design engineer.

I have always had a love of astronomy and retirement now allows me to indulge in it a lot more than just a quick look around with binoculars.

My main interest is in ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY and have purchased the necessary mount (HEQ5 pro) and a couple of scopes (SW 150PDS reflector and an ED80 pro refractor) along with various eyepieces, focal reducers atc.

I control the mount using EQmod.

I still enjoy the electronics side of life and have built my own ASCOM focuser (SGL TYPE) and power distribution board/box including Dew heater controls, flat panel control etc.

I use a Nikon D90 DSLR and also an LX modified SPC900.

Other interests are Model steam engines and boilers, Model Boats and wildlife Photograhy.

I hope to be able to add something to the mix here on SGL.

Best regards to all.

Sandy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening everyone,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes I do have a few things to keep me occupied when the dreaded clouds roll in (seems like everyday up here at the moment).

Currently trying to get to grips with Guiding using my LX modified SPC900 on a 9 x 50 finder... thinking about making a small Crayford focuser for it... trying to focus with the threaded objective housing is proving to be a real pain.

Ho hum!! :grin:

It's all great fun.

Best regards.

Sandy

Archived