New To This Game

HughR

Hello,

I joined a few weeks ago and have been studying the wealth of information in the forums before deciding I should go ahead and commit money to this game. So, I’ve made my decision and it all starts tomorrow when I go to my local stockist and order a Skywatcher 150PL on an EQ5 mount (it’s too late if you want to talk me out of it).

Being retired, I can split my time between my house in Norfolk (in a housing estate with the usual light pollution) and my caravan near Dumfries (short driving distance from the superb dark skies area).

I’ve read all I can on polar alignment, right ascension and declination, collimation, messier objects, red torches etc. etc. so, thanks in anticipation to all those more knowledgeable than me – I’m sure I’ll have a few questions once I get going.

Hugh.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hugh and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on ordering your new scope and hope all the reading up that you have clearly done will provide you with some great views of the universe. Of course if you do find yourself a bit stuck on a problem or two, you know you are in good company here for us to help you out.

Wishing you clear skies for your scope's arrival and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived