NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Northern Portugal

Tiago

Hey all

I've been looking at the sky with my eyeballs since my teen years, and last summer I bought my first telescope. I am only an occasional stargazer, but I do enjoy my time in the dark looking at countless luminous dots :)

- Tiago

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tiago and welcome to SGL.

Nothing wrong with just using your eyes, but there comes a popint where you just want to see more of what's out there. What scope did you get?

Phil

I got a Firstscope IYA edition last summer for me and my 4 year old - we've been having some fun with it, and I do try to make the best of the dark skies I get in my backyard in the country, at least when the weather helps along.

I guess I may eventually upgrade, but I'm still busy exploring this scope.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Hi Tiago,

Welcome from me to SGL - Can only dream of your fine dark skies and warmer climate - enjoy.

My 6 year old comes out with me, but I brought him his own cheap scope and lenses to avoid greasy fingers and accidents on Daddy's scope/eps. He does love getting out and his eyesight is a lot keener than mine!

Jake

Hi Tiago and welcome to the forum. I trust you are experiencing better skies than we are here in the U.K and I am glad you have got your self up and running with some observing - no rush for upgrades as there is plenty of time for that later on. :smiley: To help both find objects and to identify those you discover along the way, you might want to take a look at some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can view here. Lots of great features to help you and your little observing buddy learn the sky!

Continued clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

Archived