NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Years Resolutions (stargazing related)...

TonyD

Mine is to set up and discipline myself to keeping a blog.

There! Now let me try and contribute to it regularly!

Any tips and advice on doing this sort of thing welcome.

Happy New Year!

Tony

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is to set up and discipline myself to keeping a blog.

There! Now let me try and contribute to it regularly!

Any tips and advice on doing this sort of thing welcome.

Happy New Year!

Tony

I do hope the blog doesn't turn in to

Jan 1st - rain

Jan 2nd - rain

Jan 3rd - rain

Jan 4th - cloud ....

:) good luck with keeping it going though, I tried the same www.stevp.co.uk with my DSLR pictures, I lasted but a few weeks :(

My only astro related New Years resolution is to get out and make the most of of whatever clear skies we get. I admit to sometimes talking myself out of setting the scope up due to poor transparency or seeing when I really should take whats given and just enjoy it. :)

My blog is more of an online diary than anything else but its great to have something to look back over.

I think the hardest thing about having a blog is keeping it going so maybe you could keep an astro related goal in mind and have something to focus on?

Looking forward to reading your blog Tony. :)

Happy New year!

I do hope the blog doesn't turn in to

Jan 1st - rain

Jan 2nd - rain

Jan 3rd - rain

Jan 4th - cloud ....

:) good luck with keeping it going though, I tried the same www.stevp.co.uk with my DSLR pictures, I lasted but a few weeks :(

Thanks Stevp. I think the most important thing is not to create a rod for my own back. If I try and make it too good and slick it will be too timeconsuming and won't last. Just an update here and there ... plenty going on in my "resurrection" back into the hobby to write about the things I find out about and I find interesting.

Thanks for the good wishes :smiley:

Tony

My only astro related New Years resolution is to get out and make the most of of whatever clear skies we get. I admit to sometimes talking myself out of setting the scope up due to poor transparency or seeing when I really should take whats given and just enjoy it. :)

My blog is more of an online diary than anything else but its great to have something to look back over.

I think the hardest thing about having a blog is keeping it going so maybe you could keep an astro related goal in mind and have something to focus on?

Looking forward to reading your blog Tony. :)

Happy New year!

Thanks Mike. I'm looking forward to reading my blog, too :grin: .

As I said in the above post to Stevp, it is about discipline and not expecting to do too much. The idea of the blog is like a diary to me... it is all about musings, reflections and impressions of what is going on, as well as a record of my astro-related activities.

All the best,

Tony

Well it seemed like I've had worse ideas in the past. Lets see how long I can tweet. First foot in the door of twitter world... @astrostevp I can't promise it'll be worth reading!

Right - tweeted you back!

Tony

To photograph a comet, the milky way and the northern lights.

Observing-wise I feel a bit demotivated ever since traveling to Nepal this year: since those dark skies I can't feel excited about my local orange skies. My challenge (carried over from this year) is to learn the geography of the Moon.

Also, to get away camping at least three times this year to get to some proper dark skies.

For me its got to be making the most of any break in the clouds just to do some observing .I have brought all the kit for imaging and find myself talking myself out of setting it all up because it won't be clear long enough for imaging.

"On the very few occasions we get a clear sky, try to enjoy it "as is" and stop moaning why the seeing isn't slightly better ! I am in the UK, not a dry desert,so lets be happy with whatever clear sky I get."

That's my resolution.

Oh, and to keep an observing log...!

:)

N

HNY, Steve

Archived