NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm Back!!!!!

Jon Sales

Hi All,

Been gone from here for a while for one reason or another but just wanted to say I'm back :shocked:

A lot has happened since I've been away. The biggest thing is that I now live in Cyprus. Moved here about 2 weeks ago and I'm loving the crystal clear night skies here in Pernera, Paralimni.

Jupiter and Saturn are well placed high in the sky here and the Leonids were spectacular over the weekend.

Just about to buy a new scope for here as had to sell all my equipment before we moved.

Don't know how many shops in the UK will deliver here so might have to buy from Teleskop Express.

Any suggestions on a compact setup thats big enough to handle deep sky as well as planetary?

Jon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Jon.

Cyprus sounds very nice, and I hope you settle there OK, although escaping from the UK's weather

is reason enough, especially to an Astronomer

Your compact setup request to cover Deep Sky and Planetary opens up a wide choice, both in

equipment and more importantly the Prices. You may need to be more specific

Anyway, welcome back to SGL :icon_salut:.

Ron.

Hi Jon and welcome back. If you get bored with clear skies and want some occasional clouds to play with I have got a box full lying around if you want me to send you some....seriously I don't mind, it's really not a problem! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Glad you've come back to the mothership and hope that your new life in Cyprus goes to plan!

Clear skies

James

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

We have a lovely pool area which is big enough for a few to camp out in :grin:

Might have to start a Cyprus Starcamp lol.

As soon as I get my setup sorted I'll post some photo's of the skies here.

Think I'll have to buy from Teleskop Express and was thinking along the lines of a Skywatcher 127 GoTo Mak unless anyone has any other suggestions around the same price bracket?

Hi Jon and welcome back, you lucky man, whatever scope you eventually settle on, your clear skies will provide you with some rewarding views, maybe if the pocket will stretch, something in the order of a large aperture Dob, especially for DSO, which you can add a GOTO base to in due course. The papers here are warning us of the worst winter in 100 years, during December to January, space by that pool area is beginning to sound rather nice lol :)

John.

Sounds like you will all be coming to us for winter then lol.

Was looking at a Dob John and perhaps a nice Frac for planets etc.

I'll have to see what happens with money as our banks are playing silly buggers and not letting us have any money out here at the moment.

Archived