NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Whats the one item you really want to see?

Matt Scunthorpe

Title says it all really,

whats the one item or object you really want to see, whether its not visible from earth, or is only theory, such as white holes etc. Or being in view of a black hole, seeing the light being bent. Pretty much a free range in imagination.

For me its terrestrial and very basic, i'd like to see the closest star to the sun - Proxima Centauri - through my scope. Even though it will look like any other star in the sky, i can say to myself, that's the closest star to our sun, and get a lil kick out of it :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen alpha centauri, and it is a nice double. It was one of the few things I could find as a kid.

I can't think of anything I really have to see.

Maybe a pile of astro toys under the xmas tree - there's a sight for sore eyes :-)

Realistically, I would very much like to see Haley's Comet. Only because I was 10 when it last visited us and although fascinated by the stars, was more interested still, by Star Wars figures and Lego so never saw it. Unless someone invents a pill to make me live longer, I will probably be dead when it next visits us. So near and yet so far. For me, this is regretable.

Clear skies !!

Scott.

I have seen alpha centauri, and it is a nice double. It was one of the few things I could find as a kid.

I can't think of anything I really have to see.

Maybe a pile of astro toys under the xmas tree - there's a sight for sore eyes :-)

You might need to ask for a bigger xmas tree first :D

Archived