Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whats the one item you really want to see?

Matt Scunthorpe

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the milky way from another galaxy.

Errrr, wouldn't it be lot like looking at Andromeda from the Milky Way?

thats a fair point, perhaps i should say view the milky way from a distance where its far enough away that we see it in its entirity but close enough to get some real detail. wonder what the ideal distance would be ? the milky way is roughly what , 100,000 l/years across and andromeda is 2.5 million l/years away.okay how about say from 500,000 l/years out ? :grin:

thats a fair point, perhaps i should say view the milky way from a distance where its far enough away that we see it in its entirity but close enough to get some real detail. wonder what the ideal distance would be ? the milky way is roughly what , 100,000 l/years across and andromeda is 2.5 million l/years away.okay how about say from 500,000 l/years out ? :grin:

I think you would get a good view from the Magellanic Clouds.

I know that all the Galaxy's are arranged into a web like structure, galactic filaments. I'd love to travel to one of the voids between the filaments and look at one of these colossal structures!

I don't think the word "colossal" does them justice.

Archived