NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mentioned in S@N magazine.

Stargazing_Cliff

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey Cliff,

Great capture!! Your's is the only pic/ vid of the fireball that i've seen, that gives a true representation of just how bright it really was. :grin:

My bud and i saw it very well. As did many others i'm sure.

I certainly don't believe that "boomerang" story put out by S&T. The view we had was so close up in the hills, there is no way it was a space rock. The speed of the object can be explained away by that. But the structure of the thing was definately symetrical, the 2 leading pieces were too perfectly matched to be natural in origin IMO.

Baz.

Nice capture and well done for getting a mention in S@N, it has the feeling of being a lot closer than it probably was, looks like it whizzed just past the rooftops.

I was infact outside 5 mins after fireball and didnt even notice out

just setting me lil scope up.

lucky enuff didnt impact into house's and i was shocked when i seen it on me motion captures thanks to K3ny0n SGL member Rob for mentioning in facebook was talking to him and he said did i see the massive fireball i said no but i'll check me skycam images and i was like WOW when i seen i captured it. it is amazing how it triggered me motion detection i had sensitivity on level 3 using classic software deskshare webcam monitor 5 motion detect software.

and was just simple cheap asda high resolution webcam that i modded with different lens 75 FOV kind long view lens from old ps3 eyetoy made it so it can see infrared and it worked awesome.

This was convo i talked with rob before checking me motion captures so in way thanks to rob for mentioning it :)

• ook skies now clouded out

[*]

368824_503317840_352724704_q.jpg

September 22Rob Kenyon

• Did you manage to catch the meteorite?

[*]

275990_772147287_70951574_q.jpg

September 22Cliff Tate

• no didnt see any

[*]

368824_503317840_352724704_q.jpg

September 22Rob Kenyon

• Supposed to be a really nice one about 11pm

[*]

275990_772147287_70951574_q.jpg

September 22Cliff Tate

• i check me half cctv/ sky cam in bit see if that picked out up

And thats when i seen i had captured it :)

Because the gap between them was a perfect straight line. the back end of the 1st piece was square, also the front of the 2nd.

I'm not disputing the symmetrical appearance from your viewpoint, rather the firm assertion that it could not "be natural in origin"

I'm not disputing the symmetrical appearance from your viewpoint, rather the firm assertion that it could not "be natural in origin"

Simple answer - straight lines don't occur in nature. Whatever it was, there were just too many even sides/ angles. Clearly a man-made object in my opinion.

Simple answer - straight lines don't occur in nature. Whatever it was, there were just too many even sides/ angles. Clearly a man-made object in my opinion.

Really?

I hope that someone tells this spider....

stock-photo-spider-web-with-dew-drops-symbolizing-internet-3171666.jpg

These crystals also need to be let in on the secret:

F0029590-Amethyst_crystals-SPL.jpg

Salt crystals bucking the trend:

Rock_salt_crystal.jpg

Palm leaves not being straight:

Palm%20Leaf-1.jpg

Honeycomb, presumably with just the right number of sides and angles....

macro-photo-of-the-honeycomb-template.jpg

More pesky angles and straight lines in the Giant's Causeway:

5.jpg

Archived