Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mentioned in S@N magazine.

Stargazing_Cliff

Zakalwe,

They may look like straight lines, but when you go in closer they will soon disappear. None of these things are in outer space anyway. So your poor examples are irrelevant. Meteoric objects falling from space don't have straight lines when seen from any distance. These objects DID. I think it was an old rocket stage that came down after it was hit by some other piece of junk in orbit or a meteor (we're not being invaded by Martians). That would explain the speed of the fireballs and smaller trailing objects which were no where near as bright as the main 2 pieces. Both obviously seperate entities because the leading 1 broke up and the 2nd continued on until out of our sight.

Which is more likely? A man-made object being knocked out of low orbit, or 2 almost identical cylindrical meteors with a bunch of groupies following behind.

Discussion over as far as i'm concerned. Nothing you, or anyone else says will convince me that wasn't man-made. If you can't grasp what i'm getting at by now you never will.

Baz.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you set the webcam up to do that ,sounds intresting

Just point webcam at skies using motion detect software best if you remove ir filter from webcam

and then use software to set exposure control some webcams have different exposure settings.

you can also use wxastrocapture and add webcam to it and use the long exposure setting usually put to around 5 seconds to capture frame into avi recording timelapse. and then record couple hours and then check avi and mite be lucky mite capture stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived