Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vibrant Milky Way

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful colours :) the only thing putting me off slightly is the tilted horizon

Tilted horizon? Its not a proper horizon though is it? The shape of the loch surely dictates whether the "horizon is straight or not.

The right third of the shot is level,thats where the far shore is nearest,the other two thirds are where the loch meanders in and out into the distance and if i had taken another shot

further to the left,beyond the bottom end of the loch,then the shore would slope back the other way as it got nearer.Thats my amateurish opinion of it anyway.

Tilted horizon? Its not a proper horizon though is it? The shape of the loch surely dictates whether the "horizon is straight or not.

The left third of the shot is level,thats where the far shore is nearest,the other two thirds are where the loch meanders in and out into the distance and if i had taken another shot

further to the left,beyond the bottom end of the loch,then the shore would slope back the other way as it got nearer.Thats my amateurish opinion of it anyway.

I agree it isn't a true horizon but to my eye it makes the image appear to slope down on the right, checking it in Photoshop it is pretty level :)

Superb photo......

Not many people realise that all horizons are tilted in the North of Scotland after a certain time of night :grin: :grin: :grin: ........ ( hic !! )

Only joking, but still a wonderful photo.

The big problem at this time of night is that BOTH horizons are usually tilted,one you can deal with but two is a right younowwhatsit.

Lovely image, very dramatic. Have you got some details on the subs etc? I agree with the satelite trail, would be tempted to clone that out.

Satelite trails are all part of the night sky,i left it in because its not that much of an eyesore.

Its a 30 second exposure

17 mm f4.5

ISO 6400

• 4 weeks later...

Archived