NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello and thank you

NGEddie

Firstly, Hello!

Secondly, thank you. Although I have been a member of these forums for over 18mths, I have spent most of that time, especially the last 6 months, researching and reading the posts on these forums with the aim of taking the plunge and purchasing a scope to upgrade from the bins I have been using.

The amount of information and knowledge within these forums is amazing. Most of the questions I googled, led to threads back on these forums. All of which has helped me make informed decisions ( from a very low knowledge background) on the mount/scope and I finally made the plunge a couple of weeks ago, choosing a SW 200pds on a HEQ5. It perhaps stretched the budget a bit, to the point extra eyepieces, filters etc may have to wait a bit, I did want to future proof it a bit (especially the mount) and if in the unlikely it doesn't work out, some reasonable resale value.

Thank you again and here is to at least some clear skies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Eddie and welcome to the forum. The prospect of purchasing your first scope can be both daunting and exciting which can produce a rushed decision that proves costly in the longer term. Glad to hear that you did your homework first and weighing up the options to get the right scope for you and your budget. The HEQ5 is a great performer and you're right about it offering a degree of future proofing, whether you keep it or even if you sell it as they are in demand and don't hang around for long on the used market.

Congratulations on your gear, great combination and will certainly keep you out of mischief for some time! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and catch you elsewhere on the forum.

James

Archived