Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from North Wales...

Lisa_J

Hello everyone, my name is Lisa and I am from North Wales.

I've been a lurking member here for around eleven months which was just before I got my first telescope. The Welsh weather hasn't been too kind to me since so I am still finding my feet in Astronomy.

I now feel brave enough to introduce myself, I know you are all very friendly and welcoming and look forward to interacting with you all from now on.

Lisa.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Lisa - you live in a lovely part of the world...I was only looking at property out that way the other day... :)

As for the weather - you are not the only one. It has been a pants year for astronomy! (Still miffed about the cloudy Venus Transit :D)

Welcome to SGL Lisa!

As Pat said, feel free to visit the South Wales group. They helped me a lot when I was starting out (and are still helping now).

We even have regular meets in Blaenavon. I'm sure no one will mind if you come along.

Ive never been South Wales i must visit there and bring my scope.

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. I think an essential bit of kit that all of astronomers have been using lately has been an umbrella! - lets hope the winter season clears up and then all will be forgiven. Sounds like you did a fair bit of research on here before buying your scope which is a useful strategy that will certainly be of benefit to you in the longer term. Hopefully you can hook up with a local observing group which will provide another useful resource to help improve your observing skills and knowledge of night sky. Also provides a good opportunity to look through others people's kit including eyepieces as you do realise you are likely to suffer from aperture fever from now on and I can also advise you that there is no cure! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies for now and hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

James

Thanks everyone.

James, I've actually had my scope since last November so have a small eyepiece collection and a 2xBarlow. I'd love to join the local observing group, but it took me 11months to post on an online forum, lol so that might take me a little longer :)

Archived