Narrowband

Hello from North Wales...

Lisa_J

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i cant see it here in berkshire, the light pollution is pretty bad here, I cant wait to come to wales, just hope its not cloudy. I have never seen the milky way before. As sad as that sounds. Just wish i could bring my scope, Binos will have to do :)

Really hope you (we) get the weather next week. A shame you can't bring your scope but i'm sure the binoculars will be way better than nothing :)

Hello Lisa and welcome aboard.

When it isn't cloudy I cannot see the Milky Way in Staffordshire (my bit of it anyhow) due to light pollution. You are indeed, fortunate. Don't be shy about posting here. It's easy as you have no idea who you're actually talking to and aside from anything else, everyone is very knowledgeable and very friendly :grin:

Have you told us what 'scope you have (or have I missed it??)

Clear skies !?

Scott.

Thanks Scott.

I have the Skywatcher Skymax 127 Supatrak.....although the tracking is a bit of a mystery as it doesn't appear to work, i'm reaching the conclusion it's because I'm using batteries instead of a psu...I might have to make a post about it, see if anyone can shed any light on that issue.

I think it's great as a first scope, it does everything I need it to (except for the tracking part) so I've been pretty pleased with it on the whole. Got my eye on upgrading the mount to the synscan AZ goto to help me find things more easily but also don't want to solely rely on that and get lazy.

It's looking good out there right now, dry and clear, going to set up in a bit, fingers crossed :)

Thanks Scott.

I have the Skywatcher Skymax 127 Supatrak.....although the tracking is a bit of a mystery as it doesn't appear to work, i'm reaching the conclusion it's because I'm using batteries instead of a psu...I might have to make a post about it, see if anyone can shed any light on that issue.

I think it's great as a first scope, it does everything I need it to (except for the tracking part) so I've been pretty pleased with it on the whole. Got my eye on upgrading the mount to the synscan AZ goto to help me find things more easily but also don't want to solely rely on that and get lazy.

It's looking good out there right now, dry and clear, going to set up in a bit, fingers crossed :)

Me too. Good luck back :)

Clear skies all !!!

Scott.

Archived