Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Turning to the Green Side

JamesF

Not actually the first of their products that I've bought as I have their 3x barlow, but this morning I received my new (to me) 27mm Panoptic. Fortunately it has arrived at a time when the weather is already predicted to be rubbish so the escaped clouds won't make much of a difference.

It's really a purchase I was forced into because the focal ratio of the 10" dob is asking too much of my 32mm Revelation. I've been dithering between Tele Vue, ES and the Meade 5000s for a while but as this came up second hand I thought it had to be worth trying out. Should be interesting to see how the dob behaves given that the Pan is more than three times heavier than the Revelation.

Just got to wait for a bit of clear sky now...

James

I agree, although this is one of the Panoptics I have not used (I have had a 35mm, 24mm and 22mm) it will be a superb eyepiece. I actually miss the Panoptic field a little. It's just right I think. I like my 26mm Nagler more in truth but the differences are minimal.

James,

This is I am sure the right eyepiece for your Dob, I have never even seen a 27mm Panoptic only a picture. I, as you know have the 28mm SWA Meade but this would not have been as good as what you have now got . If you would have wanted it for a slower scope then it's a different matter.

Enjoy the Panoptic when you get some clear sky,

Alan.

Slipped up there buddy, you should have written "Tesco value range" :D

She's probably too familiar the Tesco's range to get away with that one :)

Still, it always costs more to make things smaller, right? So it must have been cheaper than my others?

James

My wife thinks that Tele Vue sounds a "cheap and cheerful" brand name. I'm happy for her to carry on thinking that !

..my wife tells me she get's mulberry bags from primark,so they must be cheap..congrats on the ep mate,clear skies!

It makes you wonder though...

If we're getting away with smuggling astro exotica in under their nose's, & they claim to be the brains of the operation, what are they managing to slip in under the radar??

Apparently many skin care and perfume cost about as much as a good eyepiece AND they are consumable. The bottle may look the same, but it's not necessary the same bottle.

Archived