NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Missed the big meteor? Me too. Solidarity thread.

jonathan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to set up last night to image the moon as it was in a good spot and at a good phase, but the wife hasn't been well lately and we were both tired, so I didn't bother. Clouded up later and rained anyway so glad I didn't waste all that time setting up. It was cloudy here the last time we had one of these 'celebrity' meteors. Oh well maybe next time I am out observing. Meanwhile, I'm going to watch that horizon program on asteroids. Bet it's about a giant one killing all life on Earth! Oh well doom sells TV programmes I suppose!

shame I missed it too but felt lots better when, after a friend had been banging on about " what sort of astronomer are you ???", I heard it was just space junk ! :) I had TBH suspected it was judging from the the patterns it made during re-entry on the footage

I have just seen Brian Cox on Dr Who. That more than made up for last nights disappointment! :)

I quite enjoyed that episode, they had quite a lot of British news and such clips, makes a change from the American news banners we typically see in all of those US shows.

I agree - I'd rather have missed the meteor than Dr Brian Cox!

Archived